Updates in this section:
- Battle Royale
- Clash Squad
- Other Modes
1. Battle Royale
Below updates have been implemented in the BR mode:
Weapon rush time!
Overview: If you feel high-tier loot areas are not challenging or rewarding enough, give the Arsenals a go. They are packed with quality equipment and fine firearms for you and the team. Loads of pleasant surprises await!
- There’s a chance to obtain level-3 firearms and airdrop-exclusive weapons in Arsenals. Remember to bring a search team!
- Each map will have 5 to 6 Arsenals. Their locations can be seen on the mini map.
- A key is required to access the Arsenal.
- There are 1 to 2 keys located in each major area of the map.
- Keys can be purchased from vending machines. (Each key costs 600 FF Coins. Only 3 keys are held across all vending machines each game, so make sure to sprint!)
- Keys can be purchased from Airdrop vending machines. (Each key costs 400 FF Coins. Each Airdrop vending machine holds 1 key.)
2. BR BATTLE CARD
Show your proudest battle achievements!
Overview: The Battle Card feature lets players display their battle stats and the skills they’ve equipped on the loading screen prior to a CS match. This feature is being extended to BR mode.
- Battle Cards are displayed to teammates after leaving the spawn island.
- Players may customize the stats display.
- Equipped skills are also displayed.
3. VEHICLE IMPROVEMENTS
Fly me to the moon! — Free Fire cars
Overview: Vehicles, in general, lack the versatility to handle the rough road conditions in most maps. They especially underperform on steep hills. To fix this, we’ve greatly increased their horsepower and mobility. Now, you may drive up a rugged mountain with ease. Not only that, try speeding over a hill at max speed for a pleasant, gravity-defying experience!
- Vehicles are easier to control.
- Vehicles are more suitable for going up hills.
- At high speed, vehicles driving over a steep hill can lift off the ground for a moment!
- Increased vehicle HP and decreased vehicle damage.
4. NEW ITEM – JAMMER
Position remains unrevealed.
Overview: Tracing Steps, UAVs, and other scanning props are essential recon items in a typical BR match and are almost impossible to avoid once deployed by opponents. Now, as long as you have a Jammer in your backpack, your position will no longer be compromised!
- After equipping a Jammer, you will no longer be detected by Clu’s Tracing Steps, Memory Mist, Dinoculars, and UAVs.
- Minimap no longer reveals your position.
- Can be obtained from Airdrops.
5. NEW ITEM - LOOT RADAR
Item search will not be a burden anymore!
Overview: Early-game looting alone could be a profession. Every player will be given a Loot Radar at the start of a BR match. Item search just became much more methodical and efficient
Loot Radar user instructions:
- The Loot Radar reveals all unowned and higher-level loot within 75 meters every 25 seconds.
- Players are notified of a detected item in the form of a Pin.
- The Loot Radar is enabled by default. Players may choose to manually disable the Loot Radar in their backpacks.
- Equipped by default for all BR players.
6. SOLO-QUEUE REVIVAL
The game doesn’t end even if you get instantly eliminated right after landing. Everyone deserves a second chance!
Overview: We noticed that solo queue in BR is the only matchmaking mode that’s missing a revival feature. In this update, players are given a chance to revive to combat those unlucky early-game deaths.
BR Solo Casual & Ranked:
- Revival chance is only granted once per match and is only available for the first 3 minutes of the match.
- The heart icon on the top right corner indicates whether the revival system is activated.
- A gray heart means the revival system is inactive.
- A yellow heart means the revival system is active.
- A red heart means the revival system is active but will shut down in 30 seconds.
Other BR adjustments:
- Weapons available from vending machines have been changed to M1014-1, AN94, M4A1-1, and Woodpecker. Cost increase: 300 FF Coins → 400 FF Coins
- Added M82B to the vending machine (cost: 600 FF Coins. Only 2 are held across all vending machines per match.)
- Removed Flashbang
- Revival duration required at Revival Points:
- NeXTerra: 20s → 25s
- Other Maps: 25s → 33s
- Defense Airdrop
- First Phase: 4s → 6s
- Second Phase: 8s → 12s
- Third Phase: 16s → 24s
- Treasure Map: Removed Grappling Hook Gun and replaced it with a firearm (MAC10, XM8, or AK47)
- Vehicle count
o Bermuda, Purgatory, Kalahari:
- No. of Jeeps per map: 8 - 10 → 16 - 20
- No. of Sports Cars per map: 5 - 8 → 1 -2
o NeXTerra, Alpine:
- No. of Jeeps per map: 4 - 8 → 12 – 16
- Drop rate of Upgrade Chips decreased by 30%
- Removed Oil Barrel
- Removed Airship
- Scan has been enabled for all players during parachuting. (Scan reveals nearby players.)
- Play Zone Timestamps
o For Battle Royale Duo and Squad
- 4th zone spawn: 725th second → 740th second.
- 4th zone shrink: 770th second → 785th second.
- 5th zone spawn: 830th second → 860th second.
- 5th zone shrink: 865th second → 890th second.
- 6th zone spawn: 910th second → 950th second.
- 6th zone shrink: 940th second → 980th second.
2. CLASH SQUAD
1. SHIFTING PLAY ZONES
Hiders make the game less fun. We’re urging them to come out and fight!
Overview: We discovered that in specific maps (Factory or Clock Tower), the number of hiders has become excessive. Their strategy to camp and heal rapidly with bonfire results in an unfair gameplay with no counterplay options. This has negatively impacted players' experience and the overall match pace. After the first zone shrinks, a new location will randomly appear on the map. The Play Zone will move to that location first before shrinking again.
2. WEAPON COST ADJUSTMENT
- M14-II: 1900 -> 1700
3. CS STORE ADJUSTMENTS
- New weapons available: M1917, SVD, M60
3. OTHER MODES
1. FREE FOR ALL:
- Added a real-time scoreboard that displays your number of eliminations and your current rank.
- Adjusted the HP recovery buff upon elimination. In order to incentivize eliminations, the buff now rapidly restores HP & EP and repairs armor as opposed to regenerating health over time.
- Armor now has durability which can be restored upon acquiring an elimination buff.
- Players will now revive at the least crowded revival point nearby.
- Players are now visible to each other but are rendered immobile at the start of the match. Players may browse for weapons before the countdown timer ends.
- Extended the period of time designated for weapon purchase after revival. The store doesn’t close until the
- Player fires their first shot. Meanwhile, players can now purchase weapons during the countdown.
2. BIG HEAD MODE
Go big or go home!
Overview: With more fast-paced gameplay, the classic Big Head is back and better than ever! Dominate the enemies, get OP buffs, and be the greatest head that ever existed.
- Added a buff system where players gain buffs after level-ups and revivals.
- Optimized UI where game progress and player head levels are presented more clearly.
- Added real-time display that shows your current rank/total rank and your current score/total score.
- Added a warm-up stage at the start of the game to boost game performance on low-end devices.
- Reduced parachuting duration to speed up the pace of the game.
3. Gloo Maker (Big Head Mode)
Brand new Gloo Wall production device!
Overview: In a battlefield fraught with risks and danger, Gloo Walls are your most reliable support on the road to Booyah. The new Gloo Makers are here to pave the way. They produce Gloo Walls as time passes, and set players free from relying solely on drop rates!
Gloo Makers are divided into 5 levels:
To reach level
EXP required (cumulative)
Max Gloo Wall capacity
Gloo Wall production time
- There are 3 ways to gain EXP:
- Gloo Maker passively gains 1 EXP per second.
- Dealing 1 damage gives 0.5 EXP.
- Picking up a Gloo Chip gives 200 EXP.
- There are 3 ways to obtain Gloo Walls:
- Gloo Makers produce Gloo Walls as time goes by.
- Looting an enemy that you’ve eliminated instantly gives 2 Gloo Walls.
- Looting an enemy that somebody else has eliminated instantly gives 1 Gloo Wall. (The eliminator is also given 1 Gloo Wall when the enemy is being looted.)
- Waggor’s Skill - Smooth Gloo
- In game modes that feature Gloo Makers, Mr. Waggor’s skill is replaced by the ability to give 200 Gloo Maker EXP 600/400/200s after the game starts.